(Okay, maybe we’re biased) With the weather switching to Fall so quickly, we wanted to provide you with a dish that will warm your soul but also incorporate a little touch of Summer into your life before the snow starts falling.
Get your tastebuds ready, as this is a delectable dish.
Crispy Honey Orange Glazed Salmon
The crispy honey being the warm, yummy component and the orange glaze being the remnants of Summertime.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons butter
4 (6-oz) skinless salmon fillets
1/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 1/2 an orange)
3 tablespoons Paradise Valley honey ?
2 tablespoons soy sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
1/2 an orange, sliced to serve
We USUALLY have honey kicking around here 😉 And so this dish is right up our alley, it’s simple and delicious.
- Heat oil in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat, then sear salmon skin-side up for 3-4 minutes and flip and sear the other side for 2 minutes.
- Pour the orange juice into the pan and reduce to half the quantity (about 1 minute).
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (30 seconds) then move the salmon to the sides of the pan.
- Add in your delicious Paradis Valley Honey and soy sauce, stirring well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Bring to a simmer until reduced to a nice syrup (about 30-60 seconds) and move the salmon around in the sauce to evenly coat.
- Remove from heat once the salmon is cooked to your liking and season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Drizzle with the sauce to serve.
We enjoy this gem of a dish served over rice, but you can also serve it over noodles, steamed vegetables, garlic mashed potatoes or with a salad., it’s pretty versatile!
Let us know how you liked this dish, we absolutely love all feedback and want to hear every detail from you! (Including pictures and how you have altered the recipe to make it your own)
And if you want more sweet news about honey and the recipes to use it, join our newsletter and we’ll be sure to deliver only the best sustainable bee-friendly content straight to your inbox once a month!