Has it been one of those weeks? So much to do, so much pressure… and so little time for cooking that your mind’s drifting to drive-thru fast food for solutions?
This is one of those moments where I’ll suggest that you slow down for a sec and take those 7 intentional breaths I talked about in my previous blog post.
Feeling better? Alright!
This Chicken Teriyaki recipe provided by my friend Jenna is one of THE tastiest, quick-but-way-healthier-and-more-enjoyable-than-fast-food meals I’ve ever had. No need to grumble if there’s snow on the BBQ, either, as this one’s done in a Microwave Pressure Cooker!
If I were doing Hallowe’en activities with the little ‘uns (my little ‘uns are now big ‘uns, but my youngest ‘un, Chloe, was born on October 31st – so I know what it’s like to be super busy on Hallowe’en!), I’d start by making this easy 15-minute meal for dinner… It’s a simple trick that’s a treat to eat!
Grown-ups should enjoy themselves on Hallowe’en, too – wouldn’t you agree?
- 1 lb./455 g chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Paradis Valley Honey
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed in Garlic Wonder Gadget
- 2 tbsp. Arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup water
Make Teriyaki Sauce
- Make a slurry with the arrowroot powder and water.
- Place all ingredients in Power Chef, seal and spin until evenly combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Flavor and cook the chicken
- Place chicken breast in the base of the Microwave Pressure Cooker. Pour in teriyaki sauce to cover the chicken. Cover and microwave on high power for 15 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally until the pressure indicator fully lowers before opening. Shred chicken and serve warm.
Did you try this recipe? Tell me how you liked it below!