Raise your hand if your kids always want snacks! I have a feeling I’m in good company.
One snack I know my kids will eat (and I don’t have to feel guilty about!), is homemade granola bars. These granola bars are chock full of protein, fiber, and Paradis Valley Honey goodness.
Each ingredient adds a healthy element! For example, did you know that hemp seeds contain protein, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and iron? Plus, the oats are a heart-healthy food that contain fiber, thiamine, phosphorus, and more! So, these homemade granola bars truly are a guilt-free snack.
Plus, they’re a cinch to make and when they’re ready, I assure you that your kids (and you!) will devour them! These homemade granola bars are also perfect for a mid-morning snack, a sweet lunch box treat, or a pick-me-up after work.
This recipe is also a great starting-off point for variations. Add raisins, chocolate chips, or nuts! Make these granola bars your own by adding your favourite ingredients.
Homemade Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup your choice of nut butter
- 1/2 cup Paradis Valley Honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- 3 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 3 Tbsp. Flax seed
- Chocolate chips are optional
- Using the micro pitcher set, add coconut oil and microwave until melted.
- Measure and add nut butter, coconut oil, honey, salt and honey into the Whip ‘N Mix. Combine the mixture on the highest setting until mixed well.
- After whipping up add the oats, hemp seeds and flaxseed and mix well on the light setting of the Whip ‘N Mix.
- Place the Rectangle Silicone Form on the Ultra Pro lid.
- Take your Tupperware Spatula and use it to scoop out the mixture onto the Rectangle Silicone Form. Spread the mixture on the form.
- Once leveled out, place the mixture in the freezer and let it sit for about an hour.
- After it’s hard you can cut them into your desired sizes.
NOTE: After you cut them into your desired sizes, make sure you store them in an airtight Tupperware container in the fridge at all times.
Did you make these delicious homemade granola bars? Tell me what you think! Did you add any other ingredients or change anything up? I can’t wait to hear from you! health.n.hustle and use hashtag #healthnhustlerecipes
If you’re interested in any of the equipment I used, visit this link to shop today!