I don’t know about you, but I find cooking in the summer months SO different than cooking in winter. First, I seem to always be on-the-go in evenings so I want to make meals that are quick and simple. Second, whether it’s going out for a round of golf or heading to the beach, I rarely feel like eating a heavy, hearty meal beforehand. That’s where honey makes the perfect light and healthy ingredient to base your summer recipes around! From drinks to dessert to supper options, there are a ton of great recipes you can make with honey and truly feel good about! Listed and linked below are FIVE perfect summer-y honey recipes to get you started (including Ginette’s home-made honey lemonade!!!). Simply click each of the links to be brought to the recipe’s homepage and learn more about each of them.
1. Grilled California Avocado Chicken from the Recipe Critic blog
2. Honey Lemon Salad Dressing from Food and Wine
3. Creamy Peach + Honey Popsicles from the Cookie + Kate blog
4. Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops from closetcooking.com
5. Ginette’s Home-Made Honey Lemonade (recipe below!)
- 4L warm water (helps dissolve the honey)
- 4 lemons
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup raw honey (adjust to taste)
Mix all together & add ice! Garnish with frozen fruit.